Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Driving to the scrap without tax , MOT or insurance.....can it be done?

(8 Posts)
StarlightMcKenzie Sun 17-Aug-08 19:48:40

Message withdrawn

TrinityRhino Sun 17-Aug-08 19:50:04

not legally
you will have to pay for someone to collect it I'm afraid

LackaDAISYcal Sun 17-Aug-08 19:53:21

We scrapped a car a while ago for a friend who had emigrated and we didn't need to pay anything. They just came and took it away on a low loader.

I would imagine that the way scrap metal prices are going at the minute they might even pay you for the priveledge of taking it away.

DaisySteiner Sun 17-Aug-08 20:02:44

Shouldn't your insurance company pay for recovery? BTW it's always worth challenging what they've offered you for the car - I've done this twice and they've always accepted what I've asked for once I've sent them proof that other cars the same age, model, etc are on the market for more than their offer.

StarlightMcKenzie Sun 17-Aug-08 20:13:52

Message withdrawn

LackaDAISYcal Sun 17-Aug-08 20:32:22

www.scrapcar.co.uk/ there a few companies like this around.

nannyL Mon 18-Aug-08 08:46:29

def not legal to drive a car without insurance

what an annoying situation to be in though.... when driving along i do see random signs occasionaky, from scrap dealers saying all cars working or not wantd and they will collect

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 18-Aug-08 10:01:02

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now