Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

What exactly do you need to sign at the solicitors when you're buying a house?

(3 Posts)
Orinoco Fri 15-Aug-08 20:55:48

Message withdrawn

Orinoco Fri 15-Aug-08 21:43:41

Message withdrawn

Seabright Fri 15-Aug-08 23:05:23

Contract, transfer, mortgage. Also if you're buying a leasehold (or a freehold in a private development, on occasion) a Deed of Covenant is often needed to.

If you're going to be away make a Power of Attorney appointing your solicitor to sign on your behalf.

You solicitor should know well in advance what you need to sign, but sometimes the wording isn't finally agreed until quite near the end

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: