Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Job seekers allowance>>>;>>>HELP

(4 Posts)
alannahsmummy Thu 14-Aug-08 19:16:44

Have just lost my incapacity benefit faile d medical, and was told to claim JSA.
This has been going on for 6 weeks claim date 1/7/08, sent dh proof earning for last year (dh self employed, just started up so not great year on paper).

Found out today not entitled to anything atall as used all my 182 days entitlement (icapacity benefit).

Can anyone help, can you just get nothing even tho paid TAX for 18 years. Feel real cheated.

fiodyl Thu 14-Aug-08 19:22:00

The 182 days entitlement is for contribution based JSA. If you have used all of this then you would get income based JSA, but Im guessing you won't due to your DHs earnings.

alannahsmummy Thu 14-Aug-08 19:24:22


no cannot get income based due to dh earnings . how crap is that, i thought they made a mistake,

fiodyl Fri 15-Aug-08 19:31:15

If your DHs earnings are very low then you will probably get the full rate of Tax Credits though, and also council tax benefit and Housing benfit if you are renting.

Go to to check you are getting everything you can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now