Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Quick question about Payment Protection Plan

(4 Posts)
tammybear Thu 14-Aug-08 11:36:16

Hi, this might seem like a really stupid question, but rather make myself look like an idiot on here and ask rather than look like a fool when I phone up lol.

Basically, I am unemployed at the moment. My work contract ended beginning of July, and so far no luck with jobs (although considering going college instead).

I am behind on payments to credit cards and catalogues cause I just don't have the money. I've done a debt management plan through the CCCS but I still keep getting hassled saying that I'm behind on payments and that actions gonna be taken and all.

But I realised I have payment protection plans on both my credit cards. Both have agreed to a payment arrangement through the CCCS, but how do I claim on the Payment Protection Insurance and what exactly does it do for me? I'd appreciate any advice as I'm not able to get to the CAB til mid next week.

Thanks.

jelliebelly Thu 14-Aug-08 11:38:56

I think PPP generally only works if you get made redundant or get sick rather than a contract ending - it will depend on the terms of the policy - you will have been given a copy of the policy when you signed up so worth taking a look at that or alternatively you will need to ring the insurers to find out

tammybear Thu 14-Aug-08 11:53:08

Oh ok, I'll have to have a look. But like I said, I wasn't sure how it worked, so if it doesn't cover me, I'll get rid of it so I don't have to pay for it lol. Thanks.

Lubyloo Thu 14-Aug-08 22:23:42

When did you take out the payment protection? If you were sold it incorrectly i.e you are a contract worker but aren't covered when your contract comes to an end then you may be able to get the cost refunded.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now