Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

are debt companys that call you up to offer you a loan allowed?

(3 Posts)
kerryk Thu 14-Aug-08 10:45:35

just had a phone call from a group called debt sollutions this morning, have no idea how they even have my phone number.

they wanted to know if i had more than 2 problem debts, i only have one problem debt so he could not help me with his iva or whatever it was he was trying to sell.

he didask if he could pass me onto his sister group so that they could try and find me a loan.

i have never heard of this before, he was really quite desperate trying to get me to talk to the loan people.

JillJ72 Thu 14-Aug-08 13:20:11

I think I'd politely say thanks but no thanks and no you can't pass on my details, goodbye.

Desperate to lend money and thus earn a fortune in interest?

fiodyl Thu 14-Aug-08 19:54:15

I think they are allowed to offer a loan, (unless you are bankrupt)but equally you are allowed to refuse it and ask them to remove your details from their database.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now