Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Someone has cloned/got my debit card details and tried using them.....

(2 Posts)
laurz75 Wed 13-Aug-08 22:28:45

I discovered yesterday that someone has got hold of my debit card details and has been trying to use it on-line. Luckily the bank picked up on it and refused to pay out. There was a weird deposit to my account and then a debit for the same amount.
I was freaked out but cancelled the card and tried to forget about it. Then the bank phoned today and asked me to come in for a review of my account. He also mentioned the name of the person trying to use the card. Now for the weird bit...the same person has requested me as a friend on Facebook!
I am really freaked - has anyone else had this sort of thing happen?

nervousal Thu 14-Aug-08 09:06:09

never heard of it happening - but could they be trying to amke "friends" to get more information from you? Let the bank know re the facebook thing - might be useful to them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now