Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Injunctions-how do they work?

(3 Posts)
kymbo Mon 14-Feb-05 18:01:44

Okay,rather worried. Have had a phone call from a friend who said dd's biological father can't see his new baby daughter as his ex has got an injunction out against him.
As far as I know,you can't get an injunction out on someone unless they have hurt you or have threatened to hurt you.
Anyone know any different?

horseshoe Tue 15-Feb-05 09:19:20

A friend of mine has children and she claimed her ex was violent towards her and an injunction went through the courts immediately. She did have to have some proof to the courts that he was violent through police statements but I think the courts finally granted the injuctions because she said he was taking Cocaine and the violence stemed from the addiction and he was unable to prove different. Even then the courts still allowed access to the kids through supervised visits providing he provides a drug test every now and then and she does not have to call the police any more.

irishbird Tue 15-Feb-05 19:40:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now