Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Maternity leave money

(4 Posts)
horseshoe Mon 14-Feb-05 12:37:20

Hi all,

Just wondered what little tips you had for saving money while on maternity leave.... I'd be interested to know how mortgage...finance payments were kept up and if you saved well in advance for the pending birth.

nailpolish Mon 14-Feb-05 12:59:48

hi

its a worry isnt it?

form the moment i found out i was pg i started saving. in the early days i even did some overtime and put that away, before i became too big and tired too do overtime.

it helped me manage to stay off work til dd was 7 mths, and i stopped working when i was 35 wks

otto Mon 14-Feb-05 13:35:51

We took a four-month payment holiday on the mortgage and I temporarily stopped my pension.

beansprout Mon 14-Feb-05 13:44:38

We re-mortgaged. I got really tight and just stopped spending money on anything that I didn't need. This meant no books, CDs, coffees etc. Took lunch to work every day, just generally cut corners, but it did add up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now