Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

does anyone else worry about not having savings?

(8 Posts)
haveibeensilly Tue 12-Aug-08 11:18:37

we do have enough to live on, so i should be grateful. and we have no debts, but we only have about 1k in savings
does anyone else worry about this?

sarah293 Tue 12-Aug-08 11:19:30

Message withdrawn

hughjarssss Tue 12-Aug-08 11:20:18

Well we have no savings, not a penny.

And I don't worry about it.

I worry enough about paying the bills each month without adding another thing to the list.

haveibeensilly Tue 12-Aug-08 11:46:22

yes you guys are so right.
worry about the now.

tink123 Tue 12-Aug-08 12:01:28

we have no savings but about 5 pensions between me and dh.

Jux Tue 12-Aug-08 12:04:40

We have no savings but I don't worry about it because we can't do anything about it at the moment.

I imagine in our old age (we're already there really!) we'll sell this house and buy something really small and live on the difference. Cloud cuckoo land?

TimeForMe Tue 12-Aug-08 15:24:21

I have no savings either but I no longer worry about it. I used to work for a dentist and saw many retired people, couples who had pensions and had saved hard for their old age. A heck of a lot of couples were just over the limit for getting help with rent, council tax, dental treatment etc that retired people are entitled to and were really having to watch the pennies. Meanwhile, the pensioners who had nothing were well taken care of and as happy as larry just living off their old age pensions. Sonetimes, it pays to have nothing.

Hope that has cheered you up grin

cafebistro Tue 12-Aug-08 15:28:46

I have no saving...but no debts either. I cant do anything about it at the moment as im not working but hopefully in the future when the dc's are a bit older i want to start putting money away for a rainy day...but then everydays rainy at the moment!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now