Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

would this be enough for a bank to not give me a credit card?

(7 Posts)
nappyaddict Mon 11-Aug-08 13:23:24

i have a store card for topshop which i think i have paid late twice. other than that i have no credit cards/store cards. i have a student loan and a student overdraft which i think is about £1200.

moondog Mon 11-Aug-08 13:25:32

Doubt it. Sounds normal. Are you in work?

nappyaddict Mon 11-Aug-08 13:41:47

yes but only part time. earn about £400 per month with only about £80 a month outgoings.

bogie Mon 11-Aug-08 13:43:18

not sure missed card payments will be checked and some places won't give you a card if you have missed payments on others.

nappyaddict Mon 11-Aug-08 13:47:53

argh why do i have to have a bloody shite memory. if stupid topshop accepted automatic direct debit payments i wouldn't have forgotten! but nooooo you have to actually remember to ring up some number. ok ok it's not exactly difficult i know but that's why i stopped using it cos i knew i'd end up with a load of charges.

fiodyl Mon 11-Aug-08 21:29:08

you could check your credit file to see why you were turned down- you can do it free online as long as you remember to cancel in the first month.

it could be the fact that you don't have loads of credit cards already that meant you were turned down.

nappyaddict Mon 11-Aug-08 23:59:51

my mum said that. something about the fact your credit rating improves the more credit you have. that's just stupid if you ask me. surely the fact i've not needed one up to now proves i'm good at managing my money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now