Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

If i leave work what help will we be entitled to

(3 Posts)
Wendyjayb Sun 10-Aug-08 14:54:25

It's a long story, but Tax Credits have reduced our money for the 3rd year running. We have now decided that paying £700 a month for ds childcare makes it not worth me working.
We are appealing the TC award but need to know what we will be entitled to if i become a SAHM
Hubby earns about £17K a year and we privatly rent out home

Any help would be greatfully appreciated smile

lou031205 Sun 10-Aug-08 15:25:12

Well if it helps, I have 2DDs, and DH earns £18k, privately renting also (rent £600). We get Child Benefit, CTC approx £78 per week, and Housing Benefit £253 per month.

The best thing you can do is visit and plug in all your details - it will tell you what you can expect.

You will need to look up your council's Local Housing Allowance Rates, and bear in mind that if you only have one DS, then you will only be allowed the rate for a two bed property, even if your current property is bigger. If your rent is less than the LHA rate for your situation, your LHA is your rent + £15 per week.

Wendyjayb Sun 10-Aug-08 15:39:37

Thanks Lou that really helps x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: