Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Has anyone got a generic "give me my bank charges back you bastards" letter

(7 Posts)
Califrau Sat 09-Aug-08 18:41:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Califrau Sat 09-Aug-08 18:42:36

Hecate Sat 09-Aug-08 18:42:59

I like your version better. grin

Hecate Sat 09-Aug-08 18:44:02

but you can get template letters here

bellavita Sat 09-Aug-08 18:45:24

Think this is what you need - got it from the Moneysupermarket site.

[YOUR NAME, ADDRESS AND TELEPHONE NUMBER HERE]

[TODAY’S DATE]

[NAME AND ADDRESS OF BANK]

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re. Account number: [INSERT SORT CODE AND ACCOUNT NUMBER]

I am writing to ask full details of all default charges levied by [INSERT NAME OF BANK HERE] on my account in respect of any unauthorised overdrafts, as well as for paid and unpaid direct debits and standing orders over the last six years.

I am aware that bank statements are not covered by the Data Protection Act 1998. Please note: I not asking for the statements themselves, but details of the charges.

I enclose a cheque for the maximum statutory charge of £10. If you are unable to provide this data, I will accept a copy of my statements going back over the six years in question.

Should older records be stored on microfiche, they are deemed to be a “relevant filing system” under the Data Protection Act. Please ensure such data is sent to me in fully legible form.

I look forward to hearing from you within 40 days, the maximum permitted response period under the Data Protection Act. Failure to respond within that period will lead to a complaint from me to the Information Commissioner.

Yours faithfully,

[YOUR SIGNATURE]

[YOUR PRINTED NAME]

Califrau Sat 09-Aug-08 18:57:52

bellavita Sat 09-Aug-08 19:02:39

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now