Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Parking ticket - what to do if some nobhead removed the ticket from your windscreen, and you now have an even bigger fine??

(11 Posts)
derelicte Sat 09-Aug-08 10:52:09

That's it really. Anyone know if there's any point in telling the parking services folk that you didn't get the original yellow ticket on the screen?

nancy75 Sat 09-Aug-08 10:53:47

definately tell them you never recieved the ticket, my dad had a fine overturned because he had never recieved the original

cornsilk Sat 09-Aug-08 10:57:24

derelicte - are you a zoolander fan?

derelicte Sat 09-Aug-08 10:58:00

Thanks nancy Did he have the whole fine overturned, or just the extra bit?

derelicte Sat 09-Aug-08 10:58:43

cornsilk - yeah, kind of. grin

derelicte Sat 09-Aug-08 11:51:17

Bump - has this happened to anyone else? There's bugger all information available on t'interweb about it.

nancy75 Sat 09-Aug-08 15:04:15

hi, derelicte, yes it was the whole fine, parents are away at the moment so i cant ask what he said but i will find out when they get back on tuesday. i think he appealed it a few times and possibly had to go to a hearing of somekind?
as far as i know he had been told that if they couldnt prove that they had actually put the fine on your car then they couldnt make you pay,(which is why you see lots of wardens now take photos of the ticket on the car). will find out as much as i can and let you know.

janek Sat 09-Aug-08 15:12:27

same thing happened to my parents, except the warden had taken a picture of the ticket on the window, which they were able to show her (it was possibly even available on the internet...), my mum may have written back after this, but ended up only paying the original fine, not the inflated, 'you ignored it' fine.

bubblagirl Sat 09-Aug-08 15:24:16

we have contested before and they put it back to origional cost to pay in 7 days

derelicte Sat 09-Aug-08 20:21:50

Thanks folks!

espadair Mon 11-Aug-08 00:39:46

If you have had your notice to owner write back to Parking Services. They don't always manage to get photos, so they might not be able to prove it in the first place.
When you make an appeal they will consider hte liklihood of you not getting the ticket ie if it was a busy street or on a main traffic route it might make a better case than being parked on a quiet side street where there might not the liklihood of someone pulling a ticket off in high jinx.

If you've had parking tickets before and always paid up that will work in your favour as they will see the history

If you've never had a ticket, that can work too as you can just wite a letter citing your exemplary parking.

Stress how you are willing to pay at the reduced rate but how you find it galling to pay at the full right, they might revert it for that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now