Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

How can I get anything out a bossy unhelpful landlord?

(4 Posts)
elelulu Fri 08-Aug-08 16:50:58

Hi, I have been renting for the past year and my landlord has never been particularly helpful. Thankfully it is a managed property, so for most routine maintenance I deal only with the agency, but most of the times when the agency needs to involve the landlord he is not helpful.

At he moment I have asked to fix a very hard tap in the shower (which is a nuisance to open and close) but the agency sent me a letter that he has decided to replace it next year (!).

I have also asked to install some under cupbouard lightning in a very dark kitchen. Than lighning was in place when we first rented the house but then the landlord decided to change the kichen. He installed a new kitchen with exactly the samelayout but without the lightning as it was before. On this matter he replied that he is prepared to look into it only if we pay for it.

We are paying him a very full rent, full asking price, and I am not happy with this behaviour.

Is there anything I ca do? Can I caim breach of contract?

thank you to anybody who can advise me.

kormachameleon Fri 08-Aug-08 16:55:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tortington Fri 08-Aug-08 16:57:02

contact shelter they can help with landlord issues

HappyMummyOfOne Sat 09-Aug-08 10:26:41

Breach of contract as you have no lights in your kitchen cupboards - thats a bit extreme.

Buy a couple of those cheap battery lights if you really cant see in your cupboards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now