Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

BT bills

(5 Posts)
Freckle Fri 08-Aug-08 16:20:55

Has anyone else noticed that BT have the audacity to add a £4.50 charge for processing your payment?? So for the pleasure of paying them, they charge you extra. I think this is outrageous and I'm sure they've been doing it for ages, but I've only just noticed it.

Presumably if you pay by direct debit, they don't add this bit on, but how many other companies add an additional charge to their bills for handling your payment of the main bill??

bergentulip Fri 08-Aug-08 16:28:43

Correct, only if you don't set up dd.

There was a huuuge thing about this and BT a couple of years ago, but clearly they have not backed down, so seems like noone would get anywhere calling them up and having a go. I always paid by DD, as they are one of the companies I trusted to get it right, and if I noticed a problem when I got the bill, I could always have called up then to sort it out.

It's bloody cheeky though. They are just trying to get you to pay for the extra manpower. Same as these airlines who charge you if you get your boarding card at the airport, or have the audacity to checkin there!! shock. It's not an 'administration charge for reissue'- it was never issued in the first place. It's a payment to cover the poor cow at the desk's wages!!!!!

bluefox Fri 08-Aug-08 16:45:36

Its a complete rip- off. Im sure it couldnt possibly cost them £4.50 per account to process a bill.

DanJARMouse Fri 08-Aug-08 16:53:55

Virgin do it too.

Yes, very cheeky, I dont pay by DD for the simple fact they dont take the agreed amount. We had a DD set for £30 and they took £62 without informing us.

Have just switched to sky because I HATE BT!

lou33 Fri 08-Aug-08 17:28:02

i was just checking my bill when i saw this thread, not only do i have that fee, BUT i noticed i had £25 in reverse charge calls i hadnt accepted!

have called them and said i didnt authorise them and to investigate

am livid

£4.67 for a 2 min call ffs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now