Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Are we in trouble? didn't mention DP vasectomy

(8 Posts)
Sixer Fri 08-Aug-08 15:38:22

We recently completed an application for life insurance. We completely forgot about his op, so it wasn't mentioned on the medical bit. Is this fraud? do I need to contact the company? or am i worrying over nothing.

fishnet Fri 08-Aug-08 15:39:57

why would it be relevant to life assurance?

combustiblelemon Fri 08-Aug-08 15:47:05

Tell them. It's probably completely irrelevant, but it's much better to tell them now rather than have them use it as a excuse not to pay out if the worst happens. A family friend had to fight the insurance company for months to get them to pay out. Her husband had forgotten to declare a visit to his GP about a sore throat. He died in a car accident.

Sixer Fri 08-Aug-08 15:48:22

I don't know. There was a section on the form that asks if either of us have had any operations. We didn't think at the time. I'm just worried now that we left the vasectomy off. maybe i ought to phone them and ask?

cmotdibbler Fri 08-Aug-08 15:59:02

Just phone them and declare it - its not fraud to have forgotten about it, just not full disclosure which is important and can save questions later.

LilRedWG Fri 08-Aug-08 16:03:22

You won't be in trouble, jsut call them and tell them.

mumthatworks Wed 20-Aug-08 20:48:11

Hello I am a mortgage adviser and cannot stress how important it is to tell them. It wont make any difference to your cover but they will definitely not pay out if any health details are undisclosed...for example if you polysistic ovaries and then died of something completely unrelated like a heart attack they still wouldnt pay out. Put it in writing too and ask at the end of your letter for them to confirm they are happy with this and will still accept cover. Worst case scenario if they so no...email me I will do you a new cover free of charge

xxx

nannyL Thu 21-Aug-08 09:17:10

definitely call them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now