Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Riverside Housing Association question

(8 Posts)
biglips Fri 08-Aug-08 11:43:47

Can u get a unfurnished house and also do u need to leave a deposit down?

(i have never rented off a housing ass and its for my mum as possibly will have to move out as she is on her own now and cant afford the rent where she is now)

hanaflower Fri 08-Aug-08 11:45:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dilemma456 Fri 08-Aug-08 11:57:53

Message withdrawn

biglips Fri 08-Aug-08 12:18:28

no she hadnt contacted them yet as she is in a private rental house atm....and poss needing another house to move in v soon.

i will get mum to give them a call asap!!.

many thanks for the replied. smile

Tortington Fri 08-Aug-08 12:22:08

i used to work for them - v. briefly many moons ago.

elkiedee Fri 08-Aug-08 13:15:31

Your mum probably needs to get on to her local Council as well, as many Housing Associations actually mostly take on new tenants nominated to them by the Council as in need.

biglips Fri 08-Aug-08 13:47:09

elk - really??? as my mum had never rented from the council only from the private landlords. i will tell her about that when ill see her later.

elkiedee Fri 08-Aug-08 15:56:08

You can find out about them in her area here:

A lot of their properties are through the Council as I would expect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now