Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Can anyone offer any sdvice regarding the Child Benefit people, am p*****d off!

(7 Posts)
DisenchantedPlusBump Fri 08-Aug-08 10:14:43

Right DH was signed off work a while ago and everything went tits up money wise.

I noticed my Child benefit hadn't gone in the bank (this was last month) and so called the helpline.

They said my payment had been suspended (but never contacted me or sent me a letter) they asked ont he phone if any changes had occoured, I told them about DH being signed off work she said that made no difference to child benefit and I should still receive it.

Any other changes she asked ...'no' I told her.

So she said it was a differnt department that deals with payments and restarting them, and she would get them to ring me back within 3 days hmm

Fine I said.

3 days later (Fri, mon, tues) no-one rings me, I ring back Wednesday,

they don't know anything and I have to wait for this magical 'other' department to contact me.... they will do within 3 days again!!

(getting peed off now)

So next day recieve a letter saying 'we tried to phone you but no-one answered' Argggggggggggggggghhhhh angry

They just want to know if there have been any changes?!?!?! FFS i have told you NOOOOO on the phone about 6 times!

So I post it,

hear nothing....

I ring them again this morning, tell hem I have returned form, when will my money be coming? (missed 2 payments now and things are tight)

and they say 'oh we don't know whats happening we will get the other department to ring you back

within 3 days! angry

Is there anything i can do???

DisenchantedPlusBump Fri 08-Aug-08 10:21:37

I want to ring but am timid and i know they will just say i have to wait the 3 days then get back to them if i haven't been contacted

AlistairSim Fri 08-Aug-08 10:27:29

Ring them and tell them you have no money and what do they suggest you do!

Keep ringing!

DisenchantedPlusBump Fri 08-Aug-08 10:30:00

I know, but I just feel stupid when they say 'nothing we can do'

I don't see whats taking so long

SpandexIsMyEnemy Fri 08-Aug-08 10:31:31

i'd ask to speak to a manager then and lay it on the line get irate but be polite if you can be firm and explain to them you need this money, you have no other this is their mistake if they've stopped the payment and you've not had any changes in circs. I certainly wouldn't wait 3 more days i'd ring around, and spend as long as it took., failing that ask them for an emergancy interim payment as things are that bad.

SpandexIsMyEnemy Fri 08-Aug-08 10:32:26

oh and ask to be put thru to the other department.

DisenchantedPlusBump Fri 08-Aug-08 10:34:12

I'll try but I'll probably end up crying blush Am a bit all over the place at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now