Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Payment to cancelled credit card (whoops)

(3 Posts)
BrownSuga Thu 07-Aug-08 22:52:31

I've just used online banking to pay a credit card, but paid the wrong one. The one I have sent the money to was cancelled 2mths ago by us. Does anyone know if the money will just bounce back to my account, as the card is cancelled, or will I have to contact the credit card company to get the money back?


Washersaurus Thu 07-Aug-08 23:04:33

IME they will take your payment and keep it until you contact them, and will then stall and delay for as long as they can before sending you a cheque.

BrownSuga Thu 07-Aug-08 23:10:33

bugger. I'll get DH onto it.


Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now