Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Advice please on an accident claim

(5 Posts)
LadyBuzz Tue 05-Aug-08 19:35:29

I had an accident in May and wrote my car off and a third partys car off. The police were involved and said it was 50/50 but my insurance said it would still go down as my fault which was fine I have been paid out on this claim about 6 weeks ago and as I swapped details with the other driver I just assumed everything was fine.
However out of the blue I got a finla reminder from his insurers saying that they were having problems getting the money from my insurer and if the claim wasn't resolved within 14 days they would take me to court to recover the monies - Is this legal? I was under the impression that as I was insured fully comp and my company had agreed to the claim it was nothing more to do with me personally. Is this not what we pay insurance for?
Any advice would be appriciated

HappyMummyOfOne Wed 06-Aug-08 20:58:01

Sounds like a standard letter from a Third Party insurer. Forward it by recorded delivery to your insurance company and give them a call a few days later to ensure they have processed.

It may be that the TP are not happy with the offer etc and are pushing for more etc.

LittleMissNorty Wed 06-Aug-08 20:59:17

Pass it on to your insurance company....that's their job to sort.

cornsilk Wed 06-Aug-08 21:00:49

Agree with happymummy - I've been in a situation like yours. Your insurance company have probably made an offer and they have turned it down. They then put pressure on other party. Very stressful but it will get sorted.

LadyBuzz Thu 07-Aug-08 08:35:02

Thanks for the advice I have passed it on to my insurer. I'm just appalled that they can scaremonger like that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now