Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Does buildings insurance normally cover wet/dry rot?

(2 Posts)
WendyWeber Mon 04-Aug-08 10:48:06

I've just been looking at quotes, & one of the cheap policies I went into (Kwikfit - was v amused at the concept of them insuring houses grin but they appear to be a boring old broker sad) completely excluded rot.

I sort of though it would generally be covered, albeit with a very large excess (eg £1000)

Anybody know?

dweezle Mon 04-Aug-08 13:46:58

I don't think anything that happens over a period of time is covered.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: