Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Gas and electric have stopped bill capping so we all in for the price hikes now.

(6 Posts)
Monkeytrousers Fri 01-Aug-08 09:56:40

Tinker Fri 01-Aug-08 13:35:44

They haven't all stopped

pedilia Fri 01-Aug-08 13:44:17

I think all energy companies should have their profits capped, it is disgraceful that they can announce such huge profits/bonuses and still have the fecking cheek to hik eprices again!!

Tinker Fri 01-Aug-08 14:01:35

I agree, I think it's outrageous. It's also very far from clear as to which is teh best tariff. I rang this morning to discuss capping and I was told my bills would rise by 30% to do so. I cannot work out whether the panic about capping will just generate (even) more money for teh utility companies. Working out what to pay for gas and electrcity shouldn't be a gamble. It's absurd.

Fizzylemonade Fri 01-Aug-08 16:39:40

Monkeytrousers - go onto www.moneysupermarket.com put in your usage and then on the results page the variable rates are at the top but if you scroll down you hopefully should see some capped rates.

We did it before the weekend, my Mum has just done it the same day British Gas announced their rises.

fiodyl Sun 03-Aug-08 00:45:45

wholesale gas prices have dropped by 30%+ in the last couple of weeks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now