Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Lost credit card payment

(2 Posts)
mummynumnum Fri 01-Aug-08 08:17:33

Paid 300 to cover car hire deposit when arrive on holiday tomorrow on to dh credit card. The reference no had 1 digit missing and money is in a holding account at the bank and been told takes 4 days to transfer over to dh credit card. Screwed us up a bit as need a blocking deposit on dh card for rental. Hoping they will accept my credit card instead even though dh driving, but does it really take 4 days to transfer money from one of their own accounts to another. They would not even consider increasing limit temporarily.

MelT76 Fri 01-Aug-08 11:42:17

Any money you pay to a creidt card takes 3-5 to apply, stupid i know, so this could be right. Usually tho, as they know they money is there and will be applied they should allow you to use the card. I would call them back double check if they will let any transactions go thru.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now