Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

DIY probate - what do they ask you at the interview at the Probate Registry

(4 Posts)
Winetimeisfinetime Thu 31-Jul-08 22:55:05

My friend is doing the probate on her late father's estate herself. He died intestate, she is his only relative and it is a small value estate.

She has got to the point where she is about to file the papers with the Probate Office but is quite nervous about being called in to have the interview with them and I wondered if anyone knew what exactly they were likely to ask her. She knows that she has to swear some kind of an oath { oath for administration ?} but not much more about what to expect.

Does anyone have any experience of this ?

Winetimeisfinetime Fri 01-Aug-08 10:10:58

Bump

bottersnike Mon 04-Aug-08 12:38:30

The probate service website is really helpful, and explains what your friend will be asked at the interview, and the next steps.
My brother is in the process of doing the same thing, and he says they've been great.
link

ELR Mon 04-Aug-08 16:58:10

all they do is ask you if its all true what you have put in the forms and prove identity its normally at the council or registrary offices

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now