Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

De cuisine not answering emails or answering phone! Have taken my money and that is

(3 Posts)
pickie Thu 31-Jul-08 10:33:35

Ordered goods the 20th June, payment was taken out the 25th June. Never heard anything from them so emailed but they never replied.

Finally (7th July) got hold of someone and they said it was on back order (showed as being in stock), so explained needed the cake tin for a birthday so can I have a refund? Yes no problem, up till today no refund received and again no replies to my emails and phone is simply engaged all the time.

What can I do? Unfortunately I paid with a debit card and not a credit card!

gillybean2 Thu 31-Jul-08 11:39:34

Ring them again and insist the refund is issued immediately or you will be contacting trading standards and applying to the small claims court.

Phone trading standards and CAB as they might be able to give you some advice on your rights here.

pickie Thu 31-Jul-08 12:04:32

Thakns Gilly, I have been trying but think they leave the phone of the hook so it is engaged all the time. TBH I have waisted so much time on this I am not trying to call them anymore.

I have just rung TS and waiting for them to call me back and see what they say. Decuisine have done quite a few things wrong so think TS will be interested.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now