Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

imagine childcare Vouchers- Anyone else experienced carer getting diff amount to what you have paid?!

(11 Posts)
cheekymonk Wed 30-Jul-08 21:47:48

Hi there
Just wondered. I use Imagine childcare vouchers and pay whatever nursery bill says I need to each month so amounts can differ (if I have had extra sessions etc). If I pay £50, surely nursery should get £50???
Each month I get an amount brought forward on my nursery bill and when I queried this with nursery they showed me their remittance advice and I could see there was a shortfall but didn't understand why??
This month's bill says that nursery is "awaiting" voucher of £75.70 so it has been added to this month's bill?? I do electronic transfer and amount has clearly been debited from childcare account???
Am stressed out by whole thing and really don't get it.
Am scared to go back to nursery for fear of seeimng thick/tight so have emailed Imagine to see what they say.
Any experience of this anyone??

Springflower Wed 30-Jul-08 22:07:21

Hi, I have used Imagine and I know the nursery got the same amount as I paid. There was a problem at one time and so I saw their accounts and the only thing I noticed was that there was a delay between me paying (and it coming out of the Imagine account) and it paying straight into the nursery account e.g. it came out my account on the 1st and didnt get paid to the nursery unitl 4th etc. I would try and not get too stressed as I'm sure it can be worked out if there is some reason why it has been a problem and I'm sure nurseries must be used to difficulties with payments. HOpe it all works out.

cheekymonk Thu 31-Jul-08 07:30:34

Thanks Springflower. Yes I know there is some delay but it isn't as long as 2 or 3 weeks I don't think?
The nursery are fantastic with my ds but do seem quite ruthless with money, hence me worrying.
Thanks for your reply.
Anyone else have any experience??

cheekymonk Thu 31-Jul-08 09:59:30

bump

GordonBrownKickingHisHeels Thu 31-Jul-08 10:02:59

i use a different company but i know work get really arsey if i have to change the amount i pay so i just pay extra sessions out off my own pocket.

Kewcumber Thu 31-Jul-08 10:07:05

I use Rascals for vouchers and they are small and fantastic (have been knwon to pay my childcarer even when the money didn't get to them in time). If you can change I would - I've never had a problem with delays or amounts being different.

cheekymonk Thu 31-Jul-08 11:16:15

Have just sat down and worked out that what nursery say I owe we have paid, there have been no mistakes when I add it all up for this year but problem is definitely caused by some sort of delay. A voucher I sent 01/07 is outstanding and has been added to August bill when as I say, it has clearly been taken off childcare account. Yes definitely not the best scheme, I would agree but not using it for a while now in any case. Thanks for your replies.

gillybean2 Thu 31-Jul-08 11:28:52

Are the nursery bills sent out in advance of the time maybe? So you are paying for august childcare in July perhaps? If so they may wait until the august amoun is actually due or something Ask them what their policy is on payments and their timescale too maybe?

Springflower Thu 31-Jul-08 12:09:16

I've just remembered that the way my nursery charged was odd - I paid on the 14th of every month as my son had started on a 14th but they charged it per calendar month so that caused things to look wrong as well. Wondering if that might be similar for you although it sounds like you have managed to work it out already.

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Thu 31-Jul-08 12:46:02

I use a different voucher provider, and I know that it shoudl stay the same each calendar month unless the parent changes it. It might just have been a glitch and they have made it up this month?

I've not heard of this voucher provider I have to admit, only had dealings with Accor, Kiddivouchers and Busy Bees all of which work like clockwork

cheekymonk Thu 31-Jul-08 18:15:54

Yes it may well be to do with how nursery do the invoice. It is always dated around 18th month and payable by the end of the month for the next month. Even bearing this in mind though, they should have received vouchers...
Oh well will talk to nursery manager tomorrow...
Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now