Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Re-mortgage question

(3 Posts)
phoebebouffet Wed 30-Jul-08 10:15:44

We have had our house valued so we can get a better mortage deal with Nationwide, it's not what I was hoping it would be worth so they have offered me a different deal which isn't as good and I think I may aswell stay with my current lender. I'm worried now though that Nationwide will want to charge me for the valuation...anyone know if this is likely?

mumthatworks Wed 20-Aug-08 21:09:14

Hello....if a free valuation was part of the original product offered and then you decide not to take up the product you shouldnt be charged for it.

Hope this helps
If you are, let me know as I am a Mortgage Adviser and might be able to help

Good luck
Ceri

lucykate Wed 20-Aug-08 21:14:38

we have just been through the exact same thing, funnily enough, also with the nationwide. we had house valued, all paperwork processed but didn't take up the offer of mortgage in the end, stayed with the abbey. we weren't charged for anything.

the deal we thought we were going for with the nationwide finished the day before our application arrived, they didn't think to tell us, so when the offer of mortgage came, it was not what we were expecting at all, no way would we switch!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now