Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

So, I lost my camera....should I claim on my household insurance???

(10 Posts)
VanillaPumpkin Tue 29-Jul-08 20:59:00

Or will it put the premium up?

How does it work if I do claim?

Camera cost £250 about 4 years ago. Our excess is £50.
Obviously camera is outdated now. I am so fed up with myself. It had photos of dd1's first sports day on that I hadn't downloaded sad.

ShallowWaterFish Tue 29-Jul-08 20:59:47

rign adn ask

ExterminAitch Tue 29-Jul-08 21:00:40

our contents doesn't go up the first time in a year, but it does the second. i'd ring and ask, like the lady says. smile

ExterminAitch Tue 29-Jul-08 21:01:10

hang on. that's no lady... shock

VanillaPumpkin Tue 29-Jul-08 21:16:52

OK. Thanks.

ExterminAitch Tue 29-Jul-08 21:18:14

oh, and commiserations for the lost photos... sad

VanillaPumpkin Tue 29-Jul-08 21:28:31

Thanks smile. I am an idiot.

HappyMummyOfOne Tue 29-Jul-08 22:06:12

They will replace like for like so work out if its worth it - ie if camera can now be bought for £100 etc. They wont give you the original purchase price.

1 claim can load a household policy dependant on insurer.

VanillaPumpkin Wed 30-Jul-08 08:23:30

Thanks. I am an idiot losing it. I loved the camera too actually, lovely solid leather case and battery that lasted forever....Ho hum

QuintessentialShadows Wed 30-Jul-08 08:35:23

And also, what if you find that you REALLY need to claim for something, like make good for a burst pipe in the bathroom costing hundreds or thousand? Sometimes, if you have three claims in a 4-5 year period (like with my insurer) not only do they put the cover up, nobody else will ensure you so you cant switch insurer....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now