Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

uPrint and Paypal... Have I been well and truly done?

(6 Posts)
LadyBabo Mon 28-Jul-08 20:18:57

Mumsnet wisdom needed!
I have spent the princely sum of £104.50 on leaflets to promote my business from uPrint/uPromote over the tinternet. I payed via Paypal and apart from my Paypal receipt and a promotional e-mail from the company, I've got nowt since 23rd of May. I've e-mailed and called almost every day for the past week, I get no reply, the phone just rings and rings! Suspect they have gone bust - along with my dosh, the swines.

Paypal site is confusing and unhelpful for the likes of me (tugs forelock) so can anyone tell me if Paypal will make my cash re-appear or if I should just forget it?

Lani
xxxx

Roboshua Mon 28-Jul-08 20:48:47

Hi!

Yes you should be covered. This is what it says on the Paypal Site (I cut and paste). There is lots of help on the Paypal site and I would suggest you ask someone who can work their way around it to help.

How do I get my money back? Question : Answer : The best way to resolve an issue with a transaction is to communicate directly with your seller. Most sellers welcome the opportunity to work out problems and provide good customer service.

If you and your seller are unable to work out an issue, you can go to the PayPal Resolution Centre to open a dispute with the seller any time within 45 days of payment.
If you are still unable to resolve the problem, you can escalate the dispute to a claim.
A dispute can be escalated to a claim any time within 20 days of the date the dispute was opened. By escalating to a claim, you're asking PayPal to review the case and decide the outcome.
After 20 days, a dispute that is not escalated to a claim will close automatically.

Hope this helps

LadyBabo Mon 28-Jul-08 21:51:30

ooh cut and paste! (admiring emoticon)

Does it matter that it's an independant company? most of the stuff I can find on the site relates to ebay.

Roboshua Mon 28-Jul-08 23:24:46

No I don't think so. It's all to do with money transefer not with who you are or what you do. if you go to the Home page on Paypal, click on How does Paypal Work? On the top right hand side it has a link to the resolution centre. Click on that and you should be able to get the ball rolling.

PortAndLemon Mon 28-Jul-08 23:32:20

You'll be a bit stuffed by the "within 45 days of payment" bit, though, won't you?

LadyBabo Tue 29-Jul-08 20:53:32

Oh aye yes. Had modem issues and didn't send them proofs for around 3 weeks after payment, therefore thought nothing of it when they didn't race back with a reply. D'oh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now