Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Utilities Bills, is Utility Warehouse really cheaper?

(7 Posts)
clumsymum Mon 28-Jul-08 12:58:33

We're currently with Sainsbury (EDF) dual fuel. Fortunately I choose a fixed price tarrif (so the rise they announced won't hit us yet, but that will end later this year, and no doubt it will go up then.

A former business colleague (who has hit a rough patch financially) has become a distributer for Utility Warehouse, and is erm... pestering us to get a quote from him.

Now I'd like to help him, but obviously not if it'll cost us long term. If he quotes and we don't switch, I think he'll get the hump. If we switch and then their prices rocket, I'll get the hump.

Utility warehouse don't feature on the comparison sites, cos they won't pay them commission.

So anyone with experience of UW?

clumsymum Mon 28-Jul-08 13:48:18

?

clumsymum Mon 28-Jul-08 13:48:20

?

brimfull Mon 28-Jul-08 13:49:39

we've used them for yrs

no problems
we use them for gas/electricity and my mobile

Cappuccino Mon 28-Jul-08 13:56:19

I do know that UW do deals with local charities etc so that a proportion of your bills goes to them

they do our local church so switching to them means you are paying part of your bills as a donation to someone

maybe ask him if there are any local charities that you fancy that they are supporting in the area

clumsymum Mon 28-Jul-08 14:20:38

Do they keep prices competitive tho?

clumsymum Mon 28-Jul-08 22:38:11

anyone ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now