Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Hurray! finally phoned tax credits to renew them before deadline of 31st July

(15 Posts)
zookeeper Sun 27-Jul-08 18:16:32

I've been dreading doing this for weeks - it took about two minutes over the phone!! Haven't felt this good since I did my tax return

Now I just have to see if I'll be told I owe them £££££ in respect of overpayments or maybe they'll pay me ££££ - with them anything is possible

WendyWeber Sun 27-Jul-08 18:20:31

Oooh, thanks for the nudge, I have to do it too - will write myself a big post-it note!

ShowOfHands Sun 27-Jul-08 18:23:25

Hurry up WW, we had to phone over and over again to get through to them.

WendyWeber Sun 27-Jul-08 18:24:14

shock

blossomsmine Sun 27-Jul-08 22:33:50

I still need to do it!! Do you need all you financial stuff by the phone when you call or if the situation is the same do they just renew??

zookeeper Sun 27-Jul-08 23:18:44

YEs if it's all the same you just confirm - easy peasy

Madlentileater Sun 27-Jul-08 23:20:54

phew!
this week here too!

NoBiggy Sun 27-Jul-08 23:25:29

I looked at mine this morning, after letting it hang over me like a black cloud, only to discover that nothing's changed enough to even warrant a phone call.

Result!

Jas Sun 27-Jul-08 23:31:42

NoBiggy - If you don't confirm that your circs are the same, and therefore renew your claim by 31st July, your payments could stop, so you need to phone and renew.

lisad123 Sun 27-Jul-08 23:33:51

i did it in may and they lost it all angry

DontNeedAnything Sun 27-Jul-08 23:34:52

Yes you need to tell them last years earnings.

If you don't payments will stop.

I did mine within 1 week of receiving the letter. [smug]

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Sun 27-Jul-08 23:40:02

bollocks whats the number for the tc people?

i forgot last year too not having that money while they sorted it out was a pain but they backdated it grin

NoBiggy Sun 27-Jul-08 23:40:58

I go through their guide, get directed at the end to step 6:

Your Annual Review is now complete and you do not need to do anything else.

It says that if they don't hear they'll treat the information they have as complete and correct, and assume I've claimed this years tax credits on the same basis.

Which all seems very civilised.

NoBiggy Sun 27-Jul-08 23:42:13

helpline 0845 300 3900

boredveryverybored Mon 28-Jul-08 01:30:38

Some people don't need to get in touch with us, some claims (usually those that are just receiving the basic £545 per year) auto renew themselves. If thats the case it will say on your renewal pack. Everybody else needs to call by Thurs or your money will stop. You do need to give us actual figures, we can't renew if you call and say 'everythings the same as last year' we need figures from you

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now