Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Paternity pay/leave, from an employer's angle

(7 Posts)
mckenzie Tue 08-Feb-05 20:03:44

My DH has his won small business and 2 of his staff are both expecting babies this spring and will be entitled to paternity leave. I've been looking on the DTI website for my DH (he's soooo busy at the moment he doesn't have time to pee) and I'm getting rather confused.

From what i understand, they can take either 1 week or 2 consecutive weeks to finish up to 56 days after the baby is born.

But I cant find anything on there about pay? What is the statutory paternity pay does anyone know?

These guys are friends of my DH as well as working for him and he wants to make sure he treats them fairly.

TIA.

mckenzie Tue 08-Feb-05 20:04:13

that should have been 'his own small business' of course...

chatee Tue 08-Feb-05 20:06:59

i think it's £100 per week but could be wrong!

Frizbe Tue 08-Feb-05 20:09:40

try this maternity alliance link

or

citadvice

these may help

Freckle Tue 08-Feb-05 20:09:53

I believe that statutory paternity pay is calculated as whichever is the lower of £102.80 or 90% of the employee's average weekly earnings. If the employee's contract provides for a higher rate, then the contractual rate will apply. The statutory rate is the minimum which should be paid. It's the same as SMP.

mckenzie Tue 08-Feb-05 20:21:40

thanks very much, especially for the links, they are very helpful and so much easier to understand than the DTI website.

JulieF Wed 09-Feb-05 22:04:20

McKenzie, you need to order time off and pay for parents- an employers guide- from theinland revenue. It has all the info and proper forms. You will be able to claim the paternity pay back form the inland revenue against your next nat insurance bill

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now