Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Hmm, is this a magic benefit as I have not heard of it before?

(11 Posts)
ElfOnTheTopShelf Fri 25-Jul-08 22:39:56

DH has been chatting to our new (lovely) neighbours who have a little girl.
They were talking about child benefits etc and they say they are claiming (DH cant remember the exact name) something called childcare something-or-other fund.
I google but cannot find it.
They said they get 350 a month for their childcare costs (which is nearly our monthly bill!) but it is not within the normal tax credity stuff.
I cant find anything about it online?
DH said "ask your mumsnet folk" but has forgotten the exact name.

DanJARMouse Fri 25-Jul-08 22:40:43

childcare vouchers through employers?!

PortAndLemon Fri 25-Jul-08 22:43:02

It could be childcare vouchers from employers?

MeMySonAndI Fri 25-Jul-08 22:43:17

ITs called the early years funding or something of the sort, or it could be the child care element of the working tax credits.

If is is the early years funding, it covers a portion of the childcare (or all of it if she only goes a few hours) from the term after they are three yrs old. Your nursery is likely to let you know about it if she is already elegible.

MeMySonAndI Fri 25-Jul-08 22:44:44

Childcare vouchers would give you about £250 a month, which is not really giving you but taken out of the salary before taxes which will can ave you up to £1000 a year.

ElfOnTheTopShelf Fri 25-Jul-08 22:45:49

No, I said childcare vouchers to DH, he said def not. (I can get childcare vouchers through work)

ElfOnTheTopShelf Fri 25-Jul-08 22:46:55

Not early year funding, their child is only a few months old.

ScottishMummy Fri 25-Jul-08 22:59:56

salary sacrifice nursery scheme deductable from wages, can make considerable savings, you sign a tax agreement schedule.google salary sacrifice

ScottishMummy Fri 25-Jul-08 23:02:02

from any age that child enters nursery, as deductibles from salary for duration of placement.they will also account for govt vouchers when thy are applicable

tigana Fri 25-Jul-08 23:04:07

Maybe they are wrong? Or confused?
Childcare vouchers or maybe they qualify for full on child tax credit and working tax credit were my 1st thoughts.

Portofino Fri 25-Jul-08 23:14:53

I remember questioning my employer about the childcare vouchers. They basically told me they had decided not to offer them as it had a big effect on annual payrises/bonuses etc. I could see the sense but is is frustrating. Where I am now childcare is all tax deductible....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now