Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

parents patio a mess - whp should be held accountable??

(5 Posts)
tink123 Thu 24-Jul-08 18:59:33

Hi, my parents had their patio done and the whole thing has wet and dry patches - looks absolutely awful. The company that laid it got slabs from local building material suppliers. They state that we have to take it up with local building material supplier as they supplied faulty slabs.

However is it not the case that the company that laid patio chases it up with supplier as they bought them.

Any advice appreciated!!!

claricebeansmum Thu 24-Jul-08 19:01:56

Your parents contract is with the builders. They have effectively supplied defective materials and it is up to the builders to rectify. Unless you parents supplied the slabs themselves then it is for the builder to sort out.

If you eat a dodgy prawn are you supposed to complain to the fisherman or the restaurant?

caykon Fri 25-Jul-08 13:59:18

My dh does gardens patios etc if this ever arose he would sort it, if it was him that had supplied the slabs. Surely they noticed this when laying them and should have stopped and sorted it then not now its all done. Do you think they were trying to pull a fast one from the begginning?

don't pay them till they put it right

Ivegotaheadache Fri 25-Jul-08 23:49:03

What do they mean by faulty slabs? Just wondering how a slab can be faulty.
And what do you mean by wet and dry patches?

More often than not it's the way they were laid which is the problem (though I'm not a patio slab expert!!) so get them to explain to you in what way they are faulty.

Helennn Sun 27-Jul-08 09:15:56

tink - if you're still about do you want to e-mail me some photo's and I will ask my dh to have a look at them? He is a first rate slab layer(!)by trade, and could give you his opinion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now