Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Anybody sued their Abuser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!without publicity

(9 Posts)
sadbunny Tue 22-Jul-08 11:47:02

Here goes,

Is it possible to do this, as I feel the last few years of my life have been ruined by memories of my early childhood. (don't want to go into to much detail as very raw).

I haven't worked for years because of depression and feel i need to make up for it now.
All mixed up.

thanks for listening so far.

mumblechum Tue 22-Jul-08 12:09:50

Depends what exactly you want to get out of the experience.

If money (and I doubt that is the motivation), you'd be better going to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board.

If closure, I would have thought counselling would be helpful.

Otherwise, you could see whether the police would be interested in prosecuting, but of course that would re open all the wounds.

sadbunny Tue 22-Jul-08 12:16:23

i am not really sure what i want out of it, don;t think i could do the police thing for all to see, family friends etc.

he is an old man now and i hate him

bethoo Tue 22-Jul-08 12:18:08

i think you should seek a prosecution as he will have got away with what he did and you are still suffering years later. and he may be old but he may still be getting away with it.

sadbunny Tue 22-Jul-08 12:21:27

i feel know i should but i dont strong enough for that.

i suffered sever depression after my kids were born, memories i supose.

mumblechum Tue 22-Jul-08 12:23:16

Sounds like you really need some counselling sadbunny.

Trying to sue your abuser is not, imo, going to make you feel any better as the chances of success after years are very very slim. I think the process would be far too painful for you and you need to get professional help to come to terms with what happened to you.

Nemoandthefishes Tue 22-Jul-08 12:26:12

sadbunny you sound so like me and I have taken the avenue of psychological therapy to help me deal with things. I have never gone through with prosecution as I dont feel strong enough

sadbunny Tue 22-Jul-08 13:03:52

Nemo,

I think i am just too scared to start talking in case i crack up and don't stop.

I have never really told anybody before,

hugs for you to .

Nemoandthefishes Tue 22-Jul-08 15:29:18

aww sadbunny can completley relate and have been in therapy for about 4yrs now and still feel on the edge of things but then it has helped me to stop internalising and going over and over the same ground.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now