Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

childs savings accounts??

(7 Posts)
lilsmum Sun 06-Feb-05 23:36:21

i want to open a savings account for dd (12mth) but wondered if anyone knew the accounts with the best freebies? lol

KristinaM Sun 06-Feb-05 23:58:25

I would also like to know the best children's account, but am more interested in the interest rates . Does anyone know if there is a website which compares different accounts?

Fran1 Mon 07-Feb-05 00:52:05

try www.moneysupermarket.com

gingerbabe Sun 13-Feb-05 17:29:25

With regard to freebies, Halifax currently doing a money box and drawstring bag.

Have a look at moneysavingexpert.com. They have a section on child savings accounts and tell you what current freebies are.

gingerbabe Sun 13-Feb-05 17:31:07

Sorry, I meant moneysavingexpert.co.uk

gingerbabe Sun 13-Feb-05 17:33:07

Actually, have just tried it for myself to check and both .com and .co.uk get there.

I'll shut up now.

franch Sun 13-Feb-05 17:43:32

DD is with the Halifax - Save4It - I'd recommend it - but obviously check the current interest rates etc - moneysavingexpert should do it, as gingerbabe says

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now