Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

bad credit......mortgages?!?

(3 Posts)
lilsmum Sun 06-Feb-05 23:01:41

following reading the property ladder ...how? thread, i was wondering if anyone on here had/has bad credit but got a mortgage?

Gwenick Sun 06-Feb-05 23:04:58

YES

not us personally - but our neighbours when we were about to become 1st time buyers decided to try and get a mortgage (they thought they were stuck for good in renting too) and succeeded. Admittedly they couldn't get the best deals out there, but they did manage to buy a 2 bedroom house (for their 3 boys LOL) and I heard recently that they sold it last year and moved to a slightly bigger place (and got a better mortgage deal as their credit was better).

joash Sun 06-Feb-05 23:07:15

Did have a bad credit rating years ago when we got the mortgage for this place - went to a mortgage broker (trouble is, I can't remember who it was or where we got the info from) and ended up better off then if we had gone to a specific mortgage lender. Our mortgage has always been slightly cheaper than the major lenders. Pays to shop around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now