Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Compensation from the Local Authority

(1 Post)
fiodyl Sat 19-Jul-08 00:39:11

I would like some legal advice about this please.

Ive been thinking abou this for a few months now but am still undecided on whether to go ahead or not- I have plenty of reasons not to do it.

I know it is possible, but Im not sure how likely it is that I would win.

If I did what would the compensation be like? i.e. would it be worth the stress?

I would need a solicitor I think, but how much would that cost?again is it worth it?
What kind of solicitor would I need?

Would I just have to base the claim on one aspect i.e wrongly taking my baby into care/delay in arranging suitable mother and baby placement/causing PTSD and separation anxiety/general intrusion and disruption to our private family life? If so which one or could I do them all at once or separately?

Is there a time limit? Could I see how I feel in a year?or is it now or never? and how long would the process take overall?

I know people will tell me to speak to CAB, but I can't talk face to fce about it without breaking down still, so nd to some info from he inernet before I speak out in RL, if I decide to do it of course.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now