Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Creditcards.. help for the clueless

(6 Posts)
NutterlyUts Fri 18-Jul-08 19:53:02

Now I know creditcards are bad news, but I am looking for one for emergencies. The balance would be paid at the end of the month (or a large chunk of the balance) and its unlikely any balance would be carried over for longer then 2 months, but it may happen.

What sort of card do I need to look for? I was looking here but I'm a bit confused

smittenkitten Fri 18-Jul-08 19:57:05

if used properly, credit cards are brilliant. get a cashback one and make sure you pay it off every month. put everything on it - shopping, petrol etc and get a %age back of everything you spend

CarGirl Fri 18-Jul-08 20:00:14

low standard rate worth looking at too.

You have nothing to transfer so ignore transfer offers.

Which ever you get ensure you set up the automatic dd for the minimum payment because if you're a day late you get charged a flate rate fee plus interest! You can pay more of it off through your bank etc.

NutterlyUts Fri 18-Jul-08 20:19:10

Does this seem like a good one to try?

CarGirl Fri 18-Jul-08 20:24:35

rate looks good but you'll only get cash back if you spend £1k per month on it?

Is it worth getting a tesco one to get clubcard points or some similar scheme?

NutterlyUts Fri 18-Jul-08 20:29:55

Am in Jersey so no tesco here.
I earn 11k a year, never had a card before, dont know my credit history so I dunno if I can even get a card?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now