Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

How much do you get for car allowance?

(8 Posts)
DaddyCool Wed 16-Jul-08 16:27:32

I've been asked to search about and there is very little on this on the web when you run a search.

How much do you get car allowance with your company? I'M NOT TALKING LEASED COMPANY CARS, just Car allowance schemes.

If I get some responses I'll average them out to get a number and tell them I "spoke to previous colleagues" about it grin

prettybird Wed 16-Jul-08 16:40:36

I get £450/month - less obivously once it has been taxed.

This was replace the Company car scheme, when I had an Avensis. When the car came up for renewal, I had to go onot the allocwance scheme, rather than them providing the car

Elk Wed 16-Jul-08 16:41:12

dh gets 5% of gross salary.

cmotdibbler Thu 17-Jul-08 08:35:22

£482 before tax - this is our 'essential' user rate - those classed as managers (not just that you are one) get more. I think this is based on the running costs etc of a decent Golf.

We do have the choice of a company car or the allowance, but can't add to the company car cost

prettybird Thu 17-Jul-08 09:49:19

Actually come to think about it - I haven't had an increase in my car allowance since I transferred to it 5 years ago. hmm

Having said that, we paid for the car we bought then after 3 years, so the car allowance now is "free" money, after servicing costs grin...... although we should be starting to put some money aside for a deposit for a new one.

HolidaysQueen Thu 17-Jul-08 09:51:15

I get about £320 per month after tax (don't know what that is gross) + £5000 interest free loan which I can use as downpayment for a car

DH gets £8k per annum before tax

DaddyCool Fri 18-Jul-08 11:02:09

thanks guys. sorry i didn't respond. i posted it late in the day and was called away all of the next day.

This confirms my fears. We pay about 8K already and they are all complaining it's not enough! cheeky buggers.

We want 9K (750 per month) but looking at this and some other stuff I've found, I haven't got a chance in hell of me being able to justify it.

mumblechum Fri 18-Jul-08 11:03:11

Dh gets £825 per month gross if that helps any.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now