Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Wrong picture on a website - false advertising?

(3 Posts)
lastboxoftampons Wed 16-Jul-08 12:25:06

I ordered something on a website and received the wrong item. The item I received is not what is pictured on the site, although it does look like another item with a different model number. On closer inspection, I'm pretty sure the website has the wrong photo attached to the model number. The item that I want is the one in the picture - which is more expensive than the one I received (and of course paid for). Does the website have to give me the item that I want for the price that I paid? Is having the wrong photo up false advertising? If you google the model number, nearly every listing that comes up directs you to this particular site or some sort of price runner that lists this site as the best price for the item - nearly all show the picture that the website does.

dilemma456 Wed 16-Jul-08 15:00:53

Message withdrawn

lastboxoftampons Wed 16-Jul-08 16:32:06

thanks for your response. I had contacted the company, and I've just heard back from them. They say that photos on their website may not be exact that they're just for illustrative purposes, but that they will take back the item.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now