Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

cashback sites, are they reliable, advice PLEASE?????

(14 Posts)
lucylue Wed 16-Jul-08 12:21:05

i have gone through uswitch beginning of this month and selected a product for energy suppliers.
the switch is done yet, it will take a month, they say.
at that time i looked for cashback sites, they are asking annual fees, etc.
and their agreements so long, detailed, it is hard to understand, if i will get cash back, how much, etc.
i have done contents insurance as well recently which will start soon.
so i cannot decide just to give up cashback as the info they are giving is not so clear to me.
they want bank account details to take annual payments, it will be hard for me to track everything.
-are there any reliable ones that i can receive cashback.
thank you very much.
lucy

lucylue Wed 16-Jul-08 21:29:14

?

bumpybecky Wed 16-Jul-08 23:58:00

Quidco is good

they do charge an annual fee (£5 I think) but it comes from the cashback, you don't have to pay them anything upfront. Quidco pay directly into your bank account every month, so they'll need your bank details (but these are on every cheque you write anyway - it's safe to tell people your sort code and account number, just not your PIN number!). I've earnt over £300 in nearly 2 years

I've used other sites, Greasy Palm, R Points and Pigsback. One of them (Pigsback I think) took away money as I'd not claimed my reward in a certain time frame angry

bubblerock Thu 17-Jul-08 00:00:34

Yep, Quidco are fine, I've used others but like the layout on Quidco. Check MSE for more info on each site

hickory Fri 18-Jul-08 21:49:29

I have started to use Quidco but I haven't recieved any money yet. I had £35 from T mobile validated to my account in May. Does anyone know how long I can expect to wait before I actually recieve any money? Thanks I would be really interested to know.

lucylue Fri 18-Jul-08 21:56:24

is it possible to ring them hickory?

Friendlypizzaeater Fri 18-Jul-08 21:57:48

It should give you an estimated date. They pay you when they have got paid.

melpomene Fri 18-Jul-08 22:13:59

Another vote for Quidco.

Droop Fri 21-Dec-12 22:52:19

You can also get a cashback card which gives you an average of 5% back on everything you buy (at partner stores). Some top names are included though like Sainsburys and M&S, you can use it online to, even on Ebay.

you can get one here. https://www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk/cashback/intro/?exref=804424

It's not a credit card or debit card so you can't get into debt with it. You use it like a PAYG mobile. You top it up and then spend what's on it.

I use it like a savings account. One that pays an average of 5% (tax free)

paneer Fri 21-Dec-12 22:59:55

The speed to which the money gets cleared depends on the retailer. Some are quicker and more reliable than others.

You also need to make sure you have set up your bank details so they know where to credit and I think there's a configuration somewhere so you can set credit into your account at certain thresholds.

BackforGood Fri 21-Dec-12 23:03:57

Another vote here for Quidco being fairly simple and straightforwards. I don't use it much, but when I have, the promised money has always come through. Never had to pay anything upfront either.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 22-Dec-12 09:37:51

I use quidco and topcashback, I compare both to see who is giving the most cashback.

It can take 6 months to get the cashback. Some are faster paying and take only a month. Faster paying retailers are usually specified on the website.

I check everything I need against them both.

bluecarrot Sat 22-Dec-12 16:44:15

Top cashback doesn't charge you an admin fee. I used to use quidco, but topcashback is my first port if call now.

toddlerama Sat 22-Dec-12 16:46:52

I made around £400 on quidco last year. All utilities, mobiles and insurances soon added up. Also, you can register your families debut cards so you get paid to use them in certain shops. There's even a smart phone app which earns you cash for checking in in some stores. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now