Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tenancy query

(4 Posts)
Jampot Wed 16-Jul-08 10:27:32

We moved into a rented house 4 months ago. The landlords said they would fit a shower for us (one of the reasons we took the house). They didnt. So we've spent the last 4 months trying to resolve it. Eventually they have agreed to put up £200 towards the installation of the shower. We have had to purchase a shower out of our own money. It has really annoyed me that they have backed out of their obligations and that its costing us more to improve their home. So at the end of our tenancy would it be really cheeky to ask if they would like to buy the shower from us?

Jampot Wed 16-Jul-08 10:28:32

err is there a problem with my message showing? hmm

fiodyl Wed 16-Jul-08 12:44:00

did he put it in writing that he was gonna fit a shower? If not then I don't think thers anything you can do.

Do you realy need to have a shower cos I dont think I would spend out on it as the landlord would benefit if he ends your tenancy in 6 months time.

Jampot Wed 16-Jul-08 15:55:32

he didnt put it in writing but he has acknowledged his obligations by putting a mixer tap (but v poor water pressure) with hose onto bath.

We need a shower simply because the boiler often packs up and he wont pay to fix it so quite often we have no hot water in teh morning for baths. Also we found out we are on water meter!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now