Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Interest-free credit cards?

(5 Posts)
MegBusset Tue 15-Jul-08 14:15:21

I have to spend £500 getting a root canal done and would like to spread the payment over a few months, does anyone know any good credit card deals at the moment (preferably that don't charge you for a balance transfer?).

freshprincess Tue 15-Jul-08 22:18:40

Doubt you'll find one without a balance transfer fee. Take a look at www.moneysupermarket.com

winestein Tue 15-Jul-08 22:20:22

There was someone around on Radio 2 the other day - I think he said there was a Barclay Card one which was unsurpassable for balance transfers.... but with the warning you must never ever ever ever spend on it. Just transfer.

namechangecosfeelingsad Tue 15-Jul-08 22:22:12

Virgin money have a good deal on - 0% on balance transfers for 15m & 0% on purchases for 3m. There is a 2.something% fee though.

Moneysavingexpert.com were talking about a MNBA card that has a low interest rate for the life of the debt - 4.something% I think, for as long as it takes to pay it off. Much lower than loans/mortgage rates in most cases.

blushingm Wed 16-Jul-08 11:20:11

po office and abbey

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now