Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Is there a charity or business that will collect my boxes of books, clothes and bric-a-brac without charging me?

(8 Posts)
franch Tue 15-Jul-08 13:17:38

Doing a big clear-out and I don't drive so can't drop them off at a charity shop or do a car boot sale.

lilyloo Tue 15-Jul-08 13:18:44

freecycle

schneebly Tue 15-Jul-08 13:18:48

am sure there must be...

Have you though abuot freecycle?

franch Tue 15-Jul-08 13:21:31

Would I have to list each item separately? Ideally I just want to get rid of the whole lot in one go ...

SquiffyHock Tue 15-Jul-08 13:23:02

I have exactly the same problem - there's no jumble sales on either with the school holidays approaching.

Will watch with interest smile

RubySlippers Tue 15-Jul-08 13:24:17

cancer research do pick ups

(they do from the Ilford branch anyway, so i think it would be worth a call to your local shop)

lilyloo Tue 15-Jul-08 13:25:30

No just describe them
people will ask for the things they want or put 'ideal for carbooter' then they will probably collect them all

franch Tue 15-Jul-08 13:34:05

Great - will do that Ruby - failing that I'll see if I can get rid of them as a job lot on Freecycle (tho I'd much rather they went to charity)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now