Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Childrens savings ... just wondering

(5 Posts)
ginnny Sat 12-Jul-08 23:04:20

Hi.
My two ds's have Post Office Investment accounts which were opened for them when they were born, they also have some of the Childrens Bonus Bonds and ds2 has a CTF.
Until now I have been putting Christmas and birthday money in there and topping them up once in a while, but I want to start saving money for them on a monthly basis.
I'm not sure whether to leave their money scattered about like it is or move it so that they just have a bank account each.
Any suggestions of a good bank account for children??

fiodyl Sat 12-Jul-08 23:11:54

I think this is one of the best accounts for regular savings atm. I have one each for my 2 DC

BadHair Sat 12-Jul-08 23:15:30

My dses also have the Halifax accounts, which I use to pay their birthday and Christmas monies into. I then transfer ds2's and ds3's cash into their baby bond accounts once per year. Ds1 is too old for a baby bond account so his stays put, but he gets good interest on it so it will probably generate around the same income as the other 2 by the time he's 18.

ginnny Sun 13-Jul-08 12:52:42

Thankyou.
Think I'll go with Halifax then. I like the idea of moving it on every year.
smile

mumma2cjh Sun 13-Jul-08 20:52:09

Ive done the Halifax aswell 10% per year plus the other account that it transfers to give you 4% - the best return around I think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now