Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Bloody builders - still banging and sawing away at 8.30pm, what is the law?

(9 Posts)
babytime Sat 12-Jul-08 20:35:38

Can you tell me the legal hours they are allowed to work.

All year we have had to put up with their banging and crashing, weekends sometimes 7.30am and they are still banging away now at 8.30pm!!!

What is the law? I want to go over there and tell them they are breaking it and shut the * up!

babytime Sat 12-Jul-08 20:37:52

bump

babytime Sat 12-Jul-08 20:40:21

bumping builders!!!

zippitippitoes Sat 12-Jul-08 20:41:01

if diy more or less none

if a development commercial then by local byelaw usually something like 7.30 or 8 weekday till 6 not after midday sat and none sun

look on your local counxil website or ring them

SofiaAmes Sat 12-Jul-08 20:43:42

Look on your local council website for hours. Ring the police.
You could also just go over and ask them to be quiet as your children are sleeping. Sometimes builders (ie men) are a little dense and haven't actually thought of this possibility.

fizzbuzz Sat 12-Jul-08 21:15:24

Phone environmental health. They'll sort them out. They did for mesmile

babytime Sat 12-Jul-08 22:47:06

They stopped about 9pm... i also stopped noticing when the wine kicked in

They are working on a massive house that has been turned into flats. To me relief I thought it was all finished as they seemed finished and people have moved in but this week the have started again. Surely it I cant be the only person bugges by it. Maybe because I'm on but I cant believe the houses next to it have not complained. Had look at my council webiste and it just gives you a number which is office hours weekdays so it if carries on next week will call.

Did not want to call police about it.

I would go over myself but I just wanted to be armed with the law.

babytime Sat 12-Jul-08 22:48:06

gosh check the typing errors - this wine is strong... took me three goes to type wine, kept typinbg wone

fizzbuzz Sun 13-Jul-08 20:30:23

Phone environmental health. When I had this, they contacted builders straight away, and kept me informed. Then when it started again, they paid a "visit" to said builders.

They then phoned me after 2 weeks to make sure builders were still behaving. They were really helpful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now