Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Furious with Rental Agents - what can I do now?

(3 Posts)
Amanda1 Thu 03-Feb-05 10:08:01

Message withdrawn

flashingnose Thu 03-Feb-05 10:10:18

Have you spoken to the agent again? What do they say? What does your lease say? I'd contact Citizens Advice ASAP.

LIZS Thu 03-Feb-05 10:42:36

Check the contract first and foremost and then speak to the agent.My understanding from when we have rented ours, under an Assured Shorthold tenancy,is that it is for a minimum period of 6 months but when extended the lease itself is not for a finite period of time but that contract may only be valid for a year (ie. the rent and terms are fixed for that period and can only be reviewed at the end of it) so the tenancy can still be broken by notice periods specified in the contract in the meantime. Could well be that the Landlord has misunsderstood the extension to the contract if the agent has not made it clear. CAB should be able to read it through with you to clarify your position.

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now