Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax credit question can anyone help?

(4 Posts)
caykon Wed 09-Jul-08 19:43:04

Ok can anyone offer any advice.

On my tax credit forms I have been declaring an extra income of around £7000, my accountant today informed me this was wrong and should only be around £500.
Therefore Tax creits will have been calculated wrong. I have the declaration here for 2008 so have adjusted that, but does anyone know if I can have it backdated. I have been doing iit wrong form march 2006 when my dd was born. what do i need to do.
My head is swimming after spending afternoon with accountant getting everything sorted

dizzydixies Wed 09-Jul-08 19:46:30

having just done my renewal I have no idea about that but they're open till 8pm and might not be too busy at this time of night

best of luck getting someone who knows what they're talking about though smile

AbstractMouse Wed 09-Jul-08 19:50:06

I wouldn't have thought so, I declared a wrong amount for 2006/2007, they wrote to me saying that as this tax period has passed they cannot revise amounts. Funny eh as they can chase you for amounts you owe from any bleeding year they like.

caykon Wed 09-Jul-08 21:26:17

I thought it may be the case that they wouldnt back date especially as you have to do a declaration each year. at leat it was only one tax year. I will give them a call tommorrow and see just in case.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: