Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Child Trust Fund

(3 Posts)
martini82 Wed 09-Jul-08 16:32:06

i opened a trust fund for my ds 4 years ago. i put it in a stakeholders account and now wish to change to a savings one. has anyone else done this/can it be changed??? a couple of places have said they don't do transfers

hana Wed 09-Jul-08 16:33:51

yes you can change it
of course they should offer transfers - it's your money (or rather your ds's)
I would phone again

toolly Wed 09-Jul-08 20:46:32

I have just transferred from my DS terribly performing HSBC account. I just downloaded a form from the company I want to transfer the fund into and sent it off. Should take about a month. I also transferred my daughter's account to an ethical stakeholder but same company. Ring again and if that company don't do a savings fund transfer to one that will. You need to be the registered contact and have the URN and account number.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: